Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Podcasting & Education

I just finished listening to a pod-conference (did I just make that up?) between the SASIC teachers, exploring ways to use podcasting and other technologies in and out of the classroom. Im disappointed I wasnt able to join in on the live discussion, but as a podcast listener myself (Im especially crazy about radiolab), Im pretty excited about the possibilities that are opened by using these innovations.

I think a radiolab-esque sort of format (merging stories and discussion into segments around a central theme, while mixing in music, interviews, and other noise-scapes) would be a great way for students to present a project, sort of like a cross between journalism and art. But like anything of substance, it definitely takes a good deal of time and effort, so I will try to see what I can do and look forward to seeing what others can produce as well.

Its not a question of if technology will transform the classroom, the better questions are how and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment